I'm still working on our kitchen. I received an email over the weekend letting me know that the tin for my new back splash had been shipped and should be here by Wednesday. I guess that means I need to start ripping down the tiles.
I have had this vegetable bin for a very long time and I really like it. It was screaming for a makeover.
I removed the hardware and those lovely apples.
It was so easy. They were just screwed on. Anyone need any plastic apples?
I washed the bin and doors to remove any dirt and grease. I then mixed up some homemade gray chalk paint and applied two coats, letting it dry in between coats. I love using chalk paint. You don't need to sand and prime the wood. So easy. I really like the look too.
I sanded to give it a distressed look, put the doors back on using the original hardware and gave it a coat of wax.
I thought I was done, but then decided to add some chalkboard labels. I had these, which I had purchased from Oriental Trading quite a while ago.
These are quite thin so I trimmed the top of the tag off with my cutter.
Using my Crop-A-Dile I punched new holes.
I attached the labels to the wire using metallic brads.
I think it turned out pretty good.
Let's take another look at what it used to look like.
I was originally going to paint it white, but didn't want white against a white wall. I think the gray looks great against the wall. A shelf with hooks is going on the wall above it. The hubs built me a replica of one I found on another blog. I'll be sharing that soon. Have to paint it first. The shelf is going to be gray also.
Thanks for visiting.